Relativity/help

Question
QUESTION: Hello sir

Sir what is the exact meaning of laws of reflections. Sir iam not asking the meaning of 1st law and second law i am asking what is the meaning of word" laws of relection."

Sir i hope it  is clear . Sir it is not the home work question. Please sir please dont reply it is  out of my expertiseplease sir please replyMy humble request.

ANSWER: A law of anything is a statement that has been found true under certain circumstances. Newton gave us his Law of Gravity. The Law of reflection is a statement of how light behaves during reflection.

I cannot think of any better answer to your question.

Uncle Ben

QUESTION: Hello sir

I am sorry to irritate you sir.

AS you told that a law of anything  is a statement that has been found true  under circumstances . but sir when we  watch the reflection of light , the normal is not there. tHE NORMAL IS CREATED AS AN IMAGINARY LINE . But in newton law of gravity there is not imaginary concept. But here a normal line is is an imaginary. I WANT TO ask that why that normal is created. If your answer is normal divides the angle of incidence and angle of reflection. Then it is created but according to law, it is a statement that has been found true. but here formation of normal is not true. It is used to find angle of incidence and angle of reflection which is use to create telescopes. But according to defination of law, normal is not true.?

i HOPE YOU UNDERSTOOD MY QUESTION

Answer
I am not irritated at all, just a bit puzzled about your question.

Yes the normal is constructed perpendicular to the reflecting surface. That is not a problem. We know how to create it and use it to measure the direction of the beams of light.

If you would rather, measure the angle between a beam and the surface. If that angle is 50 degrees, subtract that from 90 degrees to get 40 degrees, the angle to the normal.

You do know that "normal" means perpendicular to the surface, I hope.

Uncle Ben

Relativity

Uncle Ben