Relativity/time

Question
We know now time is relative.It can change. Then what will be the rate of change of time? With what quantity we can measure the rate change of time? There must be a physical quantity which tells that time changing on a certain planet is faster or slower than time changing on any other planet.

Answer
It is not that time itself changes. It is that the time interval between the same two events is measured to be different for observers moving with different speeds.

An example is the Doppler Effect. You can hear it for sound; you can measure it for light. When a train goes by, its whistle sounds sharp if the train is approaching you or flat if it is moving away. On the train it doesn't sound anything but normal. This is not relativity (for sound). For light, the colour change is a little different because of relativity, because what changes we observe are not speeds of light but colors of light.

Ben

Relativity

Uncle Ben