Relativity/travel in space

why we can't travel in space with maximum speed just like 1000km\hr? why should we travel with speed of light?

As you know, light is already much faster than 1000 km/hr.

Maybe you want to know why we cannot travel faster than light. The answer according to relativity is that as we approach light speed, we get heavier and heavier, which makes it harder and harder to go any faster.

If you ask why this is so, we just have to say that it is a law of nature, discovered by Einstein.

Physics is good at saying what is so, but not good at why it is so.

Uncle Ben

I can answer questions regarding Einstein's Theory of Relativity, particularly in Special Relativity. I will not answer homework questions or mathematical problems that require special symbols.

I have taught physics at the college level, undergraduate and graduate, for many years including Special Relativity. I have taught at Johns Hopkins, Case-Western, and MIT. I have also served as a staff member of the Commission on College Physics, which was supported by the National Science Foundation to recommend improvements in the curriculum of college physics departments in the US. I am also the author of a textbook titled Vector Calculus, which was used at MIT in the teaching of electromagnetic theory and relativity. My research interests were mainly in solid state physics, especially the properties of metals at low temperatures. I am listed in the publication known as American Men of Science.

I have dozens of papers published in the Physical Review and in the American Journal of Physics.

I hold a Ph.D. degree in physics from the Johns Hopkins University.

Johns Hopkins University, Case-Western Reserve University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Empire State College, Georgetown University, Commission on College Physics, and UNESCO.