Repairing Copiers & Faxes/Canon PC-7RE

Question
My copies are coming out very dark with dark lines on them.  The toner is ok and does not need replacing and i have tried to do copying on manual and automatic adjustment but it still happens.Are you able to tell me why and how to correct it.  Thanks

Answer
Here is what you need to do.. take a one page document and make 20 duplicates of it... as the machine is making the duplicates... open the machine... this should make it stop mid stream... and see if you can spot where the issue begins... if the issue occurs under the toner cartridge and then its either your toner cartridge or laser... if that occurs then try another toner cartridge and see if it happens again... if it happens again then you can rule out toner cartridge.  if issue occurs after toner cartridge then you have a bad fixing/fusing unit.  Now if fixing/fusing unit is ok... and toner is ok... then you need to check if your laser lamp is as bright as it normally should be and long rectangular slit glass is clean.  If those are ok then your issue is your laser unit... replace machine... cost of repair is more than the cost of new machine...

Repairing Copiers & Faxes

NORMAN DAVIS