Repetitive Strain Injury/Rectus Abdominis Spasms and Extreme Cramping

Elvis Rodriguez wrote at 2013-04-15 02:17:04
It seems to me like you have been harboring a grade 2 abdominal strain all these years, possibly grade 3. because of your constant activity, it looks like it hasn't been able to heal correctly yet. i would suggest going to get checked, and if it IS an abdominal muscle strain, I would go through the process of getting it healed. If you leave it unchecked, it could eventually develop into a hernia, and then you would need to get operated in  order to fix the problem.

I hope everything works out, good luck!

matt wrote at 2013-06-22 23:23:20
I have the exact same condition. Mine reminds me of the chest exploders in "alien" it rears its ugly head without cause. I've had it for atleast 3+years. I can't say its easy, currently its pretty constant. Walking for long periods of tiMe can stress it, that's without any lifting etc. It drives me nuts, and my doc says oh its ok, have some ibuprofen. You might as well use a plaster for all its going to do.

RS M wrote at 2014-03-17 15:03:32
That looks and sounds like a hernia. If so, you can't massage it out. He would need surgery to repair the torn abdominal muscle.

Julie Donnelly wrote at 2014-04-28 21:02:15
Sorry for the delay, I just found this comment.  

If you're having spasms in your abdominal muscles, try applying fingertip pressure to the exact point of the spasm. Hold it for 30 seconds, release and then press down again for 30 seconds.

If you go to http://www.julstro.com you can take a look at each of the muscles that cause pain, in this case I would look at the muscles that cause low back and hip pain, as they are the same muscles that will cause abdominal pain.

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT