Repetitive Strain Injury/Bicep spasm after Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery

Mac wrote at 2015-11-15 13:57:34
I am a Physical Therapist Assistant working through this same problem after a repaired or otherwise non-torn rotator cuff injury. The biceps is trying to prevent shoulder dislocation in the presence of a weak/painful rotator cuff. I recommend gentle stretching of the biceps (full elbow extension coupled with abducted/out to the side movement of the arm). I also recommend exercise with light weights using weight machines in pain free ranges at a local gym. You may have to help the painful arm into position on the weight machine with the good arm, but once the hand is on the grip the forearm muscles can hold it there with very little stress on the shoulder muscles. This combo will get you back in good shape in a few months. And it gives pretty good immediate relief for some hours. This is the third time in my 58 years I have done rehab on my own shoulder injuries. The first 2x were complete recoveries and this present is progressing nicely also.

Mac wrote at 2015-11-15 15:29:20
I forgot to mention, do the stretching lying on your back to fully support the shoulder.  

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT