Repetitive Strain Injury/pelvic/glute/hamstring pain all most constantly

Question
Hi. I am a 55 year old male who up until recently was very active, lift weights and do cardio (elliptical mostly) in gym at least 4 days a week, played 2 games of softball every Friday evening ( still ran bases pretty good even though I had a right knee replacement in Oct. 2010), ran around soccer fields with my granddaughters, etc. I do have a history of some low back issues, MRI Dec. 2011 showed buldging dics L4/L5 and back stiffness from time to time but nothing debilitating. April of 2012 I started having some pelvic pain, mainly left side, and a tearing pain feeling in my left glute when I sat or squated. Within a couple months my glute got achy and it also progressed to my left hamstring (always felt tight and sore, even when at rest sitting down). I have never been one to stretch, NEVER, not before or after exercise but have never had a problem. To make a long story short I have since started doing hamstring and glute stretches almost every day without success and now my right glute and right hamstring are acting up, along with my pelvic soreness. My son is pushing me to make sure I make the gym a couple days a week but I can no longer play softball - my legs feel like I am wearing cement shoes when I try to run. Could this be because of pelvic tilt, possible back issues that haven't shown their ugly head yet, or could this be something more serious like a muscle disease? Please, any insight or help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you.

Answer
Hi Bill,

The odds are the only thing that is happening is repetitive strain injuries of your pelvic and upper leg muscles.  It's a long explanation so it will help if you first go to http://www.julstro.com and read the Home Page which will explain about repetitive strain injuries.  And then go to the sections titled "Muscles and Pain" and "What's Happening Exactly."  Then it will be good if you read
http://forum.julstrointernational.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=762 as it explains each muscle that causes the symptoms you are describing, and the order that they need to be treated.

The good news is that the odds are excellent that you'll be able to release these tight muscles and get back to playing softball again.

Please feel free to come back and we can continue this discussion after you have read all the above information.

Wishing you well,
  Julie Donnelly  

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT