Repetitive Strain Injury/neck & shoulder pain & throbbing eardrum

Question
I've been having ringing in my ear for couple weeks now,then i noticed that my left eardrum is throbbing pulsating like my heart two weeks now. Since Sunday 13th January i woke up with a severe pain to the left side of my neck that goes down to my shoulder when i'm to turn my head/neck, or lift myself from lying position. Is the throbbing of my eardrum related,and what could be the possible  cause for this excruciating pain i'm having? Thank you for your kind response.          
         Joy

Answer
Hi Joy,

While this pain can definitely be caused by a tight sternocleidomastoid muscle (SCM for short), it could also be something very serious.  I would strongly suggest you eliminate the serious possibility by going to your physician and being cleared, then you can take a look at the muscles.

After you have medical clearance, please feel free to come back and we can then go into the muscular component of ear and head pain.

I'll look forward to hearing from you again.

Wishing you well,
   Julie Donnelly

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT