Repetitive Strain Injury/abdominal strain

Question
I have had an rectus lower abdominal strain for a couple weeks now from the repetitive task of pushing 1000 flasks at my job. It hasn't gotten any better and the doctor doesn't seem to know for sure why that's the case. He has felt my abs 2 different times now and says its nothing serious. Why isn't my strain healing at all? ive been relaxing at home now for past couple weeks and hasn't gotten any better. thanks.

Answer
Hi Brandon,

I'm glad you went to your physician to make sure nothing was torn and that you don't have a hernia. With that cleared, the odds are good that you have a repetitive strain injury of your abdominal muscles. If you go to http://www.julstro.com you can read some really good information about repetitive strain injuries.  I suggest you also read the sections titled "Muscles and Pain" and "What's Happening Exactly."  Then if you go to http://forum.julstrointernational.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=762 you can read about all of the muscles that are likely to be strained, causing a pelvic rotation that will cause your abdominal muscles to be overstretched.  

After you have read all of this, please feel free to come back and we can continue this discussion.  I think you'll be fine if you treat the muscles in the order given in the thread mentioned above. You can either go to a good trigger point massage therapist, or learn how to do the self-treatments mentioned in the thread.  

Wishing you well,
   Julie Donnelly

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT