Repetitive Strain Injury/tightness

Question
For the past 2 years I have been having tightness in my groin/thigh area on my right side. Its mostly in the inner thigh area but no bulges or bumps I have checked all the time. Its gets more tight it seems after a bowel movement, sometimes when I get an erection or when its cold out. When I walk it feels better feel no pain just an annoying tightness feeling. Its feels like something is being stretched or something. Also when my legs are spread apart it feels better but when they are together or pressure it feels more tight. It started 2 years ago after I lifted some weights but never felt pain or anything when I lifted. But only lifted for one day..I donít have any insurance or anything to go see a doctor. I do use a thigh wrap all the time cause it tends to make it feel better. I will say though for the past few years I have gained weight like 20 pounds, been depressed not much activity at all..Also when I have some alcohol drinks the tightness pretty much goes away, not saying I drink all the time or anything. Last thing my scrotom seems to tighten up a lot as well, and I have had a cyst on my right testical  since I was little had it checked out twice and everything is fine.
A few years ago I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis and I do have bad irritable bowel  syndrome. So I have a lot of bowel movements and stomach pains a lot..Other then that I canít think of anything else I could tell you. Besides I am really getting frustrated on not knowing what is going on with my inner thigh issue, so if you can help I would really appreciate itÖthank you

Answer
Hi Patrick,

There are a lot of things you mentioned that probably have nothing to do with repetitive strain injuries and that should be checked out by a doctor.  I totally understand that having no insurance makes it a major problem, but I really think it's something you should consider.

Meanwhile, there are some things that likely do have a muscular component, so let's look at them and if you get relief from the other things, that will be an added plus. If you go to http://www.julstro.com you can read how repetitive strain injuries will cause pain to be referred to areas that can be a distance from the actual spasm.  I suggest you also look at the sections titled "Muscles and Pain" and "What's Happening Exactly." Then, after you read that, I suggest you go to http://forum.julstrointernational.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=762 and read a thread that explains all of the muscles that can cause a pelvis rotation.

If your pelvis is rotated you will be straining many muscles, including those in your groin. In fact, these muscles will cause a long list of pains that go from your low back all the way to your feet.  I've worked with several clients who had groin pain that wasn't being resolved by any type of treatment, yet when the muscles that rotate the pelvis were released their groin pain disappeared.  

The thread will give you a treatment order, and will explain how you can learn the self-treatments that will enable you to treat the muscles every day until they stop going back into a spasm.  I hope that will be able to stop all of your pains and stiffness, it's definitely worth the time and effort to try.

Wishing you well,
  Julie Donnelly  

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT