Repetitive Strain Injury/Stretched stomach muscle

Question
I stretched a upper right stomach muscle two years ago.had a upper and lower gi cat scan MRI and two blood test done no hernia just supposedly streched muscle.this muscle aches all the time any time I do anything strenuous .when it flares up it can last for weeks .pain will go away when I lay down then start all over the next day.this has gone on for two years

Answer
Hi Scott,

I'm glad to hear that you went to your physician and had all the tests, and that everything checks out clear.  I wonder if the muscle is actually stretched, or if it's in spasm?  Nobody looks at muscle spasms because there aren't any tests to prove it, yet it is often the case.  Cross your fingers as this is really easy to treat.

First I suggest you go to http://www.julstro.com and look at the sections called "Muscles and Pain," and "What's Happening Exactly." That will give you a much better idea of why muscles can be the problem.  You may also find some good information by reading the Muscle and Joint Pain forum on the website.

Try this, use your fingertip and press directly onto the painful point.  Hold it for a minute or two and see what happens.

Wishing you well,
   Julie Donnelly  

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT