Repetitive Strain Injury/Pulled groin muscle/iliopsoas

Question
QUESTION: Hi, im suffering from the exact same condition as you already answered in this thread: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Repetitive-Strain-Injury-2984/2009/11/lower-abdominal
However im struggeling to find the information that you reffered too on the forum. Ive had this same injury 3.5 years ago, then it took 9 months to heal, just as it did for that other guy. Im now just about 3 months into it this time. I would be so happy if you could help me resolve this faster, since its taking quite a hit on my day to day life. Lasttime i got really depressed and anxious from this, since no doctor could find an answer. So finding this really made me happy, and left with hope that i can resolve it.

Sorty for bad english, but i hope its understandable.

Mathia

ANSWER: Hi Mathis,

First of all, your English is just fine, I understood everything you are saying :-)  

Over the past 25 years I have worked with thousands of people who had given up hope, and they all got relief, most of them got complete and permanent relief, by just treating the muscles and then stretching the fibers.  Your joints can never be properly aligned when the muscles are in spasm and are held tight.  However, when you release the spasms (much easier than you expect) and then safely stretch, you'll be thrilled with the results.  

When I answered the questioner back in 2009 I hadn't gathered up all the information on how to eliminate the knots that cause joint pain and put it into one place. To resolve that I wrote a self-treatment book titled "Treat Yourself to Pain-Free Living." Then after having so many people with pain that gets treated in the same manner - everything from low back pain to calf pain, and even problems taking in a deep breath, I decided to write it in a forum message so it would be clear for everyone.  

I suggest you go to http://forum.julstrointernational.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=762 and you'll be able to read about each muscle that is involved in this problem. Next I suggest you go to http://www.TriggerPointYoga.com so you can read how you can release pain by first treating the spasms that are causing the pain, and then how to incorporate yoga stretches to safely open your hip joints to bring your body back into alignment.

I truly believe that you can stop this pain, and that you can prevent it from returning by just treating the spasms BEFORE they become a problem, and then stretching regularly using the ancient yoga postures taught in TriggerPoint Yoga.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Wishing you well,
     Julie Donnelly

QUESTION: Thank you so much for the answer, ill do my best to gather the information you provided. While waiting for your answer i have already boughg the pain free triathlete ebook from your webpage, and have followed the julstro protocol for 2 days now. Im not sure im doing everything 100% correct tho. Will it be easier to follow the julstro protocol from your new yoga dvd? (Is the protocol covered there?). Since my english isnt so good im thinking it would be easier to follow instructions from a dvd?

After starting the protocol i have found that i have triggerpoints in both quads, both poriformis/butt, right side erector spin, left side ql and left calf. So im hoping treating these will help my left side hip, perineum and abdominal/bladder spasms.

Thanks for helping, keep up the positive work!

Answer
Hi Mathis,

I'm glad you have the Pain-Free Triathlete, and while the treatments are all in that book, I agree that you'll have a better time with the TriggerPoint Yoga DVD. That program has one DVD that is me teaching a man named Scott how to do every treatment that is in my newest book, "Treat Yourself to Pain-Free Living," and it has two DVDs that have Ana first treating the muscles that you'll be stretching and then moving directly into the yoga postures.  The both lower body sessions will be good for you, but I think you get the most out of the "Lower Back, Hips and Buttocks" DVD.

I suggest you continue doing the Protocol. The odds are the primary problem is coming from the left side, especially your quads, quadratus lumborum, and iliopsoas.  As they are pulling your left pelvis forward and down, it is messing up your right side.  Adding the stretching to your treatments will make a huge difference in your results.

Please let me know how you are doing as you continue the self-treatments and stretching.

Wishing you well,
    Julie Donnelly

Repetitive Strain Injury

Julie Donnelly, LMT