Reptiles/Suspect Vitamin A Toxicity in Leopard Gecko

Alexandra wrote at 2013-03-14 01:50:40
I believe your care sheet should read: "Geckos should not be fed crickets or other insects that are NO bigger than the space between their eyes" !

Reptiles

Pam

I can answer 98% of all questions regarding the husbandry of most desert to temperate climate omnivore and herbivore lizards. This would include bearded dragons, and skinks. I can also answer questions regarding iguanas. I can not help with snakes,amphibians,crustations or arachnids. For tortoises I will only refer you to the World Chelonian Trust. I am not a vet, but I've had enough medical (human) training to know that when a reptile is showing symptoms he needs definitive care. That means a vet, period. I can help with a few conditions, such as prolapse, so that the animal has the best chance at the vet to treat and recover. The answer to having two species sharing the same habitat will always be no. Just because you don't like my answer does not mean I'm wrong. As for breeding animals, especially bearded dragons who already have a weak gene pool as it is, you will get all the reasons why you shouldn't. There are enough inexperienced breeders out there, filling pet stores with undersized sickly babies, I will not add to their number. If you need a lizard identified, please give me an idea of where you live and a description of the animal.

I own and breed bearded dragons (pogona vitticeps). I've been a member of several e-mail lizard care groups, I am both a forum chat moderator for Reptilerooms.com, and forum moderator for Pogona and Babyiguana Yahoo Groups. I have soaked in the knowledge of some of the best researchers, rehabbers, and herp veterinarians from those groups

Long Island Herpetological Society International Reptile Conservation Society

SUNY @ Farmingdale - Animal Science Univ. of GA - Pre-Vet