Reptiles/About a reptile

Edofin wrote at 2013-03-10 17:57:01
I look at it more as a Sensory Integration Issue..Basically Chameleons are Autistic..  

We (generally) integrate our sight and hand movements.  But would we even do this if our eyes did the opposite of what they do now?  Instead of being inclined to focus both eyes on one location, swivel them independently around..  We would stop relying on our sight so-much to coordinate our hand movements, and we would start moving our hands more ..err..'Textilie'..feeling our way around..  

..Even now, we 'know' where we set our coke can when reading, or something.  We don't look up, we just reach for it, suppose you grab the pencil holder instead..

I suspect we would get so used to this that when we 'grabbed something', that something registers in the mind (say hand rail) and we never think to double check with sight..  Could lead to some awkward looking moments..  

..I wonder if Chameleons where humans; where on the Spectrum they would be - obliviously not High Functioning, they sure aren't talking much..

I can answer questions on the proper husbandry and diet of Iguanas, bearded dragons, geckoes, skinks, chameleons, tortoises, box turtles, treefrogs, non-venomous snakes and tarantulas. Also the breeding of some species of feeder insects. I have no experience with venonmous snakes and only limited experience with aquatic turtles.

I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for over 30 years. In addition to my regular job in the medical field I also worked for several years in a pet store that specialized only in exotics. The job entailed both caring for and answering questions on innumerable species. It required constant, extensive research into a wide range of reptiles. I have been called to appear on televised national media (CBC, CTV and Life Channel) as well as CBC radio to discuss the proper care of reptiles and other exotics in captivity. I currently own one or more species of those listed under my expertise with the exception of chameleons. I owned chameleons for years but keep none currently. I keep over 20 snakes comprising 5 species, both Colubridae and Boidae. I bred corn snakes for several years. I have a particular interest in treefrogs and currently have 5 different species. I've raised redfoot tortoises for 10 years and have two iguanas, one for 12 years.

A small and now defunct local magazine called "Pet Vue"

Diagnostic medical microbiology with some parasitology experience.