Reptiles/our red eared sliders died

Sam wrote at 2013-07-09 13:05:38
Hi Greg, I went on a trip with my father for fourth of July recently. I left my tortoise in the care of my mother. When I got back, she tolde that he had died because he was stung by a wasp while soaking in water. There were many flying around and she said that she called a vet and they told her there was nothing she could do to save my little guy. I hope that helps you get some closure because reading the answers to your question sure did help. Thanks.  

Sam wrote at 2014-10-15 05:12:13

I lost my turtle today to a bee sting. devastated!

I had both turtles outside in the sun. When came time to bring them in, one was dead, in a similar position as you described. Head curled in, legs out straight, and rigid. I found a dead bee in the tub along with it. We have had our turtles for 10 years - cant believe we have lost one to a Bee.

Heather (Yexalen)

I WILL DISMISS ANY/ALL MEDICAL RELATED QUESTIONS. Please ask somebody else, I can not help you in this area. --My expertise is focused mostly on CHINESE WATER DRAGONS but I am also very experienced with many other reptiles including but not limited to: Chinese and Australian Water Dragons, Bearded Dragons, Leopard Geckos, Anoles, Iguanas, Skinks, Chameleons, Uromastyx, Monitors, Basilisks, Geckos and many more. I can answer questions about their enclosure, lighting, heating, feeding, bathing, supplements, minimum requirements, unique habits, and general care as well as identifying reptile species. I can also answer any question you may have about aquatic turtles. I have limited experience with snakes and amphibians although I can and will do my best to get you the information you need. I prefer not to answer questions about keeping wild caught animals unless they are ill or in danger.

I have experience owning and researching many species of reptiles. I have been asked to write articles for numerous reptile based websites and I have my own website focused towards reptile care. I have reptile care articles published at I currently own one male Chinese Water Dragon, two female Leopard Geckos, one male Green Anole, one male Tokay Gecko and two (male/female pair) Red Ear Slider Turtles.