Reptiles/American Water Dragon

Jordan wrote at 2012-11-28 20:39:56
You may have the heat lamp to close to him, I have a water dragon and i had the heat lamp to close to him, and had similar problems, You may have to give him different lighting, or move the light so that its not so close to him. Also, He may climb real close to the light if it is exposed, and touch the heat lamp when he gets to close.. i had this hapen with my dragon... sorry if this doesn't help, just thought maybe it could.  

Heather (Yexalen)

I WILL DISMISS ANY/ALL MEDICAL RELATED QUESTIONS. Please ask somebody else, I can not help you in this area. --My expertise is focused mostly on CHINESE WATER DRAGONS but I am also very experienced with many other reptiles including but not limited to: Chinese and Australian Water Dragons, Bearded Dragons, Leopard Geckos, Anoles, Iguanas, Skinks, Chameleons, Uromastyx, Monitors, Basilisks, Geckos and many more. I can answer questions about their enclosure, lighting, heating, feeding, bathing, supplements, minimum requirements, unique habits, and general care as well as identifying reptile species. I can also answer any question you may have about aquatic turtles. I have limited experience with snakes and amphibians although I can and will do my best to get you the information you need. I prefer not to answer questions about keeping wild caught animals unless they are ill or in danger.

I have experience owning and researching many species of reptiles. I have been asked to write articles for numerous reptile based websites and I have my own website focused towards reptile care. I have reptile care articles published at I currently own one male Chinese Water Dragon, two female Leopard Geckos, one male Green Anole, one male Tokay Gecko and two (male/female pair) Red Ear Slider Turtles.