Reptiles/My young bearded dragon is ill...

Andrea wrote at 2013-04-09 12:15:58
I have a bearded dragon who is 2 years old and he seems to have the exact same symptoms as you descripded. He acts like he is dizzy or drunk and doesn't know how to walk. He also crawls around in circles as you have mentiontened. I just noticed it today after he has woken up from brumation and I'm so worried. I have a brand new UVB light over him and his heat lamp of course. I just wanted to know if you ever figured out what was wrong with yours? Also how did you help cure him? I want to give it a little bit of time before I do take him to the vet if he doesn't feel better. So I'm looking for answers and would like to know how you handled this situation.

Thanks a lot  

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.