Reptiles/lizard identification

bz wrote at 2012-04-27 00:31:02
I have found lizards on my property here in middle NC that look very simialr....however they are much darker and have reddish-orange markings on thier tails....spotted about 5-6 of them today basking in the sun on roofing shingles that are hung vertically on an out builidng..any ideas?  I have found nothign on line that matches them

L wrote at 2013-05-15 10:01:29
I live in central Alabama and have one living here that looks much like yours.  It is about 10-12" in length, has a plump midway diameter of about as large as a silver dollar.  The largest I have ever seen in these parts.  It lives freely outside on a shed, near the edge of a wooded area and has never been in captivity or a pet to anyone that I know of.  It showed up here about a month ago. I haven't seen any other one like it around here yet. So far it appears to be alone. If you find out anything more about them I would be very interested to know.  If you would, please let me know and I will do the same.

Thank you,

L  

Reptiles

BPC