Reptiles/Sick Baby Bearded Dragon

Mariah Townley wrote at 2012-12-11 23:41:29
I would say the likely situation you have here is impaction, which can be caused from large food and eating loose substrate, i have had a baby die at 6 weeks old purely because I didn't notice a cricket that was a little bit to big for him, i was so upset, and hope that this does not happen with you're litte man/girl, I am glad he eventually pooped it out, the use of his legs should come back within a few days hopefully, if not then a trip to the vets will be needed, I hope you're little baby is healthy after all of this

Another type of green which they seem to enjoy is spring greens , also known as fresh greens, you can get them in Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury's if you live in the UK

Donna Fernstrom

My particular focus is on snakes and lizards, but I have a decent smattering of knowledge of turtles and crocodilians as well, plus the experience to get relevant information quickly if I don't have it on hand in my brain. I can answer questions on captive care, diet, breeding, incubation of eggs, starting hatchlings, and more. I am particularly experienced with ball pythons, Lygodactylus geckos and other small lizards with similar care requirements, leopard geckos, and garter snakes.

I am a professional breeder of ball python morphs, Lygodactylus (dwarf) geckos, and mourning geckos. I have begun working with Irian Jaya carpet pythons, and plan to expand to include more gecko species in the future. I also have a background breeding leopard geckos, and have kept several other species of small lizards, snakes, and a water turtle.

Nebraska Herpetological Society (

I have many care sheets published on my own website.

High School Graduate. Extensively self-taught due to high interest in wildlife and reptile care.

Fauna Classifieds board of inquiry Good Guy Certification