Reptiles/bearded dragon bloody poop/urine

My bearded dragon has been having bloody poops for the past 3 days, but has been eating regularly. He never pooped regularly for the past 3 years since he was a baby. I've always had to put him in a tub full of warm water to get him to poop, or take him outside during the hot days in summer. The temps in his tank is fine, 100 on hot side, around 75-80 on cold. He eats 5-7 crickets a day, and veggies every day too. The blood is in his urinary/white part.

I appreciate the answer

Hi Nathaniel,
There are a few things that can cause it... internal parasites, injuries,dehydration, and of course disease with the kidneys or other internal organs.
The best thing to do is to have a fecal check done which will tell if it is caused by parasites. When it is a parasite issue, it is usually pin worms..
Sometimes what happens is when they eat the insects, for some reason they don't digest properly and can scrape the intestinal tract.. again, it is very important to have a fecal check done to help with pin pointing the cause.
I do want to mention that at your beardies age, he doesn't need to have insects daily.  His main diet should be dark, leafy greens and veggies with insects only about 10% of his diet..basically, insects once or twice a week.
.. be sure to mist his "salad" very well, which will help with any dehydration issues.

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas, leopard geckos and bearded dragons. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the above species. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions. I research other reptiles and am able to give general information on other species of lizards. I prefer not to answer snake questions as that I have not researched them enough.

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I own two leopard geckos, both rescues. I've had my reptiles for 11 years. I spend many hours researching the care of my reptiles to keep up to date on all information pertaining to keeping reptiles that I have. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a Vet Tech for 6 years. Research, experience and learning from the experience of others that have raised reptiles for many years.