Reptiles/bearded dragon (liquid calcium)

just want to thank you for your advice about my bearded dragon. now i have another question. when i get paid i am going to buy her some zolcal d liquid calcium

now what im not sure about is how often i have to give her some. according to what it says you give 0.1ml per 100g of animal (i think my beardie weighs around 250g). but do i need to give her it daily or every other day or once a week.

now ive also found this which i can give her as she hasnt been eating at all. do you know if that stuff is any good

Hello Sarah,

That will be fine.  
The dose would be around .25ml.  I don't know what the concentration is so if you get it & it has the strength just let me know.  I would give the calcium daily since you know she has metabolic bone disease.  At least for a month anyway to see improvement, then you can back down to 3 times per week.
That way I can dose more specifically to the weight.  
The critical care is very good actually so I would recommend getting that product also.

How is she doing today?
Keep me posted on her & if you have more questions.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.