Reptiles/Heat light

Hi, I normally use a regular 50 watt All Living things Basking bulb with my leopard gecko, but today my mom accidentally purchased a infrared bulb. Will my gecko sill get all he need from this infrared bulb?

I leave the heat lamp on all day, and just have a heat pad at night, that has worked for temperatures.

Thanks Nate

Hi Nate,
It should be fine if it is maintaining the needed temperatures.  I'm assuming it doesn't produce any light so you should include some light source, be it natural (daylight)or artificial(fluorescent or low wattage incandescent). Just be sure that what you choose doesn't add more heat.
Actually, if you don't want to use the inferred light, you can use a normal household light bulb until you are able to get the bulb you normally use..either way, all is fine.

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas, leopard geckos and bearded dragons. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the above species. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions. I research other reptiles and am able to give general information on other species of lizards. I prefer not to answer snake questions as that I have not researched them enough.

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I own two leopard geckos, both rescues. I've had my reptiles for 11 years. I spend many hours researching the care of my reptiles to keep up to date on all information pertaining to keeping reptiles that I have. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a Vet Tech for 6 years. Research, experience and learning from the experience of others that have raised reptiles for many years.