Reptiles/my water dragon

Question
Drache
Drache  

Drache
Drache  
I have a Chinese water dragon. I bought him as a juvenile probley about 4 months ago. He is about a foot and a half long with tail. When i woke up this morning to feed him, his face was swollen on the right side, and it looked like he has a cut in his mouth. I am very worried, he cant close his mouth all the way

Answer
Hello Jacob,

Did he possibly get bitten by a cricket which was left in his tank?  
What are his temperatures right now in the tank & do you use a UVB light?
Could he have injured himself some how?
How often are you using calcium for him?

I would keep him at a temperature around 80 over night in case it is an infection of some sort.
If he had a cut in his mouth, he could have scraped it on something in his tank.   Are there any sharp edges on branches in the tank?

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar