Reptiles/Italian wall lizards habitat

Do Italian wall lizards like water/can they swim? I have a120 gallon terrariumand have divided a section of it to hold About 4 gallons of water. I want to make this tank the home for 2 wall lizards. Also i have used screen material as a ladder so the lizards can easily climb in and out of the water. Thanks in advance, Mike.

Swimming is not something I am familiar with Wall Lizards doing at all. They of course need water but an actual swimming area is not what I would personally provide as they are not necessarily an semi-aquatic species but more of a land species which enjoy vertical climbing areas more than anything else.  

John F Taylor

I can answer most questions about captive the captive care of reptiles,amphibians, and insects.

International and nationally published author of many captive reptile care articles. Former editor of the San Diego Herpetological Society Newsletter. Founder of Southern California Wildlife. Most recently opened the website to answer questions instantly and share free care articles on the captive care of reptile and insect species.

Reptilia, Reptiles Magagazine, TFH Publications Complete Herp Care Series Uromastyx

Over a decade of experience within the reptile industry.