Reptiles/MBD in Bearded dragon

Question
our baby Hoodoo
our baby Hoodoo  
Hi there, we are desperate for help... we beleive that our 5 month old beardie has mbd, we are trying a new form of powder calcium, also a new uvb bulb  and i am going to get liquid calcium tomorrow.  He is still eating his crickets and if i hand feed he will eat his squash.  He still uses his back and front limbs and we need to know if we should exercise him to keep strength or if this will cause more damage?  We have never owned a reptile before and have been very careful to follow care instructions to the letter... I am very distraught as thought we were doing everything right to only end up with a sick little one!!

Answer
Hello Tracey,

Which UVB light are you getting for him?  How far is the UVB light going to be from him?
What calcium supplement will you be using now, which brand of liquid calcium?
I would try some water therapy to help him regain some of the strength lost.  It is highly effective for metabolic bone disease.
That is good he is still eating his crickets too.  The squash is fine, are you feeding him squash baby food?

Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar