Reptiles/quiet gecko

hi, we bought my son a crested gecko 5 days ago, he is very quiet, just stays in the same spot all the time, we get him out each evening, he is quiet lively then, not scared, quiet mellow. we have feed him the gecko complete diet, which he eats, just, concerned he is quiet. is it because of new surroundings and only being 2 months?

Hello Lorraine,

Crested geckos need a little time to adjust to a new home.  I would give him a week or two just to become adjusted more.
At least he doesn't mind being handled & is eating pretty well.  How much is he eating, will he eat any live insects too?  
How big is he, he is 2 months old?  Do you have any pictures of him?
The younger ones may not make too much noise or squeaking.  However, they are all different & some may be more prone to making noise than others.

Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.