Reptiles/rankin dragon

hi i have a ranking dragon and she seems to be sleeping more and more
she is about 2 years old
and i was wondering if they go to sleep more in the winter as i have to wake her up to drink and to eat.?

Hi Lisa,
Yes, many do take a winter is called "brumation".   I'm going to include some links on it so you can read more.
Some beardies will allow you to wake them up for a drink and food.  You don't want to offer insects though..only their "veggies". It is better they brumate with only veggie matter in their stomachs..easier to digest.
Most bearded dragons will take long naps (generally,if they are  over a yr) in the fall.. this is called Brumation.  is a form of hibernation.  You can read more about that at  be sure to read this link as it tells you what to look for in brumation vs illness.  

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas, leopard geckos and bearded dragons. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the above species. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions. I research other reptiles and am able to give general information on other species of lizards. I prefer not to answer snake questions as that I have not researched them enough.

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I own two leopard geckos, both rescues. I've had my reptiles for 11 years. I spend many hours researching the care of my reptiles to keep up to date on all information pertaining to keeping reptiles that I have. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a Vet Tech for 6 years. Research, experience and learning from the experience of others that have raised reptiles for many years.