Reptiles/Leopard Gecko Mouth Problem

Taryn wrote at 2012-12-22 05:47:44
Your leopard gecko has mouth rot. Do not continue to feed him/her crickets. Switch to baby food (fruit) with a syringe until it heals. ALso go to a vet and buy liquid calcium

BC wrote at 2014-02-03 02:16:17
I want to add that you should take out the  vermiculite bedding in the humid hide and replace it with a moist paper towel bedding instead. As for the substrate I would strongly recommend that you stop using sand, it is not healthy as it causes you leopard gecko to "impact" (sand accumulates in its stomach causing blockage) which is probably one of the other things that it's experiencing aside from the eye and mouth problem. To remedy that you would need to soak it in warm water for 15 a day. So instead of sand use paper towels to line the bottom of the tank. Lastly stop using the lamp, they don't need it, they are not the kind of reptile that basks (ie a bearded dragon) they take heat from their belly. The heat mat is enough.

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar