Reptiles/Bearded dragon

Hey, we just bought a baby bearded dragon from a pet-store two weeks ago, and I was wondering if we should be concerned about his behavior. For the first week he was very active, but now he's not moving much at all and he occasionally won't eat. We also haven't seen him drink yet, but weren't sure what that meant. We feed him pet-store crickets and he has a basking light.

The short answer is probably not. However, to make an accurate determination I would ask what the basking temps are, what are the ambient temps, is there UVB provided as well as what substrate is being used. Here are some links to specific articles I have written on the subject as well as a link to the report I wrote on captive care of Bearded Dragons.

John F Taylor

I can answer most questions about captive the captive care of reptiles,amphibians, and insects.

International and nationally published author of many captive reptile care articles. Former editor of the San Diego Herpetological Society Newsletter. Founder of Southern California Wildlife. Most recently opened the website to answer questions instantly and share free care articles on the captive care of reptile and insect species.

Reptilia, Reptiles Magagazine, TFH Publications Complete Herp Care Series Uromastyx

Over a decade of experience within the reptile industry.