HI, I have baby beardies and they are 35 days old, a couple of them twitch and there legs extend out, and i was wondering what is the cause since they are so young. i have been feeding them 1 week old crickets and dubia roaches that are very very small.also at first i fed them silkworms..they dont twitch very often but i am planning on selling the babies and i need to know whats wrong. please help.

It sounds like it could be a calcium deficiency.  Was the mother young or calcium deficient when she was gravid?
Are you using a UVB light & if so, what type & brand do you use?
How often do you use calcium?
The silkworms, how small were they?  The crickets & dubias sound like they are the right size so it shouldn't be impaction.
What substrate do you have them on, sand, tiles, paper towels?

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.