Reptiles/Chinese water dragon

I have recently fed my water dragon wax worms but it does not seem as if it is being digested, as a matter of fact it comes out whole (the same way he ate it) when he goes to the bathroom.  Is this normal?? Why is this happening

Hello Victoria,

Sometimes the waxworms & phoenix worms or the smaller softer bodied worms tend to come through their system undigested if they swallow them whole or don't chew them.
Did you notice whether or not he chewed it or not?
What are the temperatures in the tank, optimal for him for digestions?
Do you have any pictures of him?

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.