Reptiles/concerning

Question
My water monitor is acting weird he acts scared like I'm going to hurt him I have to endure a lot of pain to hold him so he can relax he's 6-7 foot and he's a sweet lizard he was treated poorly with his previous owner is he going to get over this?this is my first time seeing him like this& I've had him for about a year....and one of the dragons I rescued had a good shed but I'm not sure what's going on with his leg...is it bad?it was like this when I got him but he's acting normal..

Answer
Hello Porsher,

He is rather large!
Is he getting ready to shed possibly & just cranky?  Has he hurt himself that you can tell which could change his behavior?
You rescued a bearded dragon & his leg has been hurt?  Was it bitten by a tank mate or is he limping due to metabolic bone disease?  
Is your dragon eating normally?

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar