Reptiles/cornsnake

Question
Iv had a corn snake for about a year. It was eating one fuzzy mouse 2 times a week. But for the past 4 weeks she has refused to eat. her tank is at 80 and theres multiple hideouts in the tank. Is it normal for her to just not want to eat or could she be sick ?

Answer
Hello Jennifer,

Your corn snake is around a year or slightly older?
Sometimes during the wintertime, they will somewhat slow down on their eating.  They don't really brumate per say, but can slow down & not eat as much.  
Is her weight good or is she losing weight right now?
Has she gone to the bathroom also?
What substrate is she on, could she be impacted or not?
How long has she been on this particular eating regime?
If her weight is good, she can technically go for months without eating & be just fine.  
You could increase her warmer end to around 85 to help with digestion since it is getting cooler now.

If you have a picture of her, please post it just so I can see her condition & of the tank, also.

Thanks.
Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar