Reptiles/Injured Ground Skink

Injured ground skink
Injured ground skink  
I accidentally stepped on a ground skink that was hiding under a mat. As you can see from the picture, the whole body has become limb and the tongue is sticking out. There are also traces of blood from the mouth. Is there still anyway I can provide help to the ground skink?.
The location is Cambodia, Phnom Phen, it has been this state for almost an hour. I placed a lamp beside it and also a bowl of water for heat and humidity. I also tried to feed water with a cotton bud. It's quite hard to see a vet here as I am at the countryside and there's flooding in this region.

Hi May

I suspect that he has suffered  internal damage which would make recovery unlikely.

You have done what you can by providing some heat. If his body can heal then that will help. I would not try to offer any water as he is likely incapable of swallowing and will likely just aspirate it (breath it in). Keeping him in a safe spot, away from predators and keeping his stress level low by not handling him is the best you can do. Nature will have to take it's own course from there. If he does not recover at very least he will have a peaceful end.

I very much admire the compassion you are showing to this small creature.  

I can answer questions on the proper husbandry and diet of Iguanas, bearded dragons, geckoes, skinks, chameleons, tortoises, box turtles, treefrogs, non-venomous snakes and tarantulas. Also the breeding of some species of feeder insects. I have no experience with venonmous snakes and only limited experience with aquatic turtles.

I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for over 30 years. In addition to my regular job in the medical field I also worked for several years in a pet store that specialized only in exotics. The job entailed both caring for and answering questions on innumerable species. It required constant, extensive research into a wide range of reptiles. I have been called to appear on televised national media (CBC, CTV and Life Channel) as well as CBC radio to discuss the proper care of reptiles and other exotics in captivity. I currently own one or more species of those listed under my expertise with the exception of chameleons. I owned chameleons for years but keep none currently. I keep over 20 snakes comprising 5 species, both Colubridae and Boidae. I bred corn snakes for several years. I have a particular interest in treefrogs and currently have 5 different species. I've raised redfoot tortoises for 10 years and have two iguanas, one for 12 years.

A small and now defunct local magazine called "Pet Vue"

Diagnostic medical microbiology with some parasitology experience.