Reptiles/gecko concerning

QUESTION: I had my golden gecko for about 1-3 months I guess and he hasn't shed yet the rest of my reptiles shed normally maybe around the same time and he really haven't been eating eating ever since I switch his this bad?

ANSWER: Hello Porsher,

Good to hear from you.  
How large is your golden gecko?  He isn't eating very much right now?
If he is not eating, you can try chicken or turkey baby food or the repashy gecko food to help him out if he is losing any weight.
Sometimes when you rearrange or change their tank & or surroundings, it takes them a little bit of time to adjust & get used to it.
How long ago did you change up his enclosure?

Gecko enclosure
Gecko enclosure  

water dragon
water dragon  
QUESTION: He's about 5 1/2-6 inches and I changed his enclosure 9 days ago to make it look more like a tropical enclosure and he ate perfectly when he was in a Rubbermaid container then he do in a tank,but I put him in a tank because the container collects mold when I mist it and I don't want him to get fungal infections.

*thank you for all your help with my water dragons when you always answered my questions before now their strong and's a picture of one of them :) .

Hello Porsher,

They look great.  The enclosures are super.  The tropical look should be wonderful for your water dragon.  How tall is it?
Have you tried feeding him outside of his tank yet?

I am glad that they are doing so well.  I would give him a little more time to get adjusted to his new tank, but you can try chicken or turkey baby food with a syringe or dropper to help him out if he starts losing weight.
I am glad you got him switched to a new tank because mold isn't good for them.
I am happy that I could help out with your gang!  :-)

Let me know how things are going.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.