Reptiles/Leopard Gecko

Hi, I have a Leopard gecko that I got in mid August. He has always eaten fine until up about 3 weeks ago. His eating habits slowed down from every day to every other. Last Wednesday,he just stopped eating. He has eaten crickets his whole life, so I thought maybe he was just tired of crickets. I went out to get mealworms and offered him those also. I have also let him soak a couple times is warm water. I was worried so I did lots of research. I found someone who seemed very knowledgeable about geckos on YouTube. Flyer watching his video, I tried assist feeding him meal worms. I was beginning to feel relieved because he ate 2 mealworms, but I went to check on him today and he didn't keep either of the meal worms down. I just don't know what to do and I'm really worried about him

Hello Chloe,

I am sorry to hear your leopard is not doing well.  
Can you review your tank setup with me, such as what the temperatures are, substrate, etc?
Since it is wintertime now, could his tank not be staying warm enough?  Do you use an undertank heater right now 24/7?  
Are his stools normal or is he not going to the bathroom much right now since he isn't eating?

I recommend trying to get some chicken/turkey baby food to feed to him with a plastic dropper or syringe to help him out.  Also give some calcium powder in with that also, to help him out right now.  You can also get some powdered bee pollen to help with his immune system right now.  

Do you have any pictures of him?

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.