Reptiles/Luci

Question
Hello Tracie,

I sent a message the other day, it went in the comments. I'm not sure if we discussed the importance of crickets or not, but I know a lady locally who is insisted that Luci should be eating crickets because they are easier to digest than worms. What is your opinion on this? The fish I will only give him a few every few weeks. So if you think crickets are an important part of his diet, what is an alternative if he won't eat them? I am going to try crickets with him tomorrow morning. I am working on rotating his food so he's not eating the same things day in and day out. Today I got him crickets, hornworm and butterworms.

Next week I will get him a fuzzy, I think he's big enough for them.

He seems to be sort of ok with the nightlight, last night I don't think he slept after I put him on top of the treehouse but that's where he is now and when I checked on him he was asleep.

I hope his mouth rectifies itself, I'm working on increasing the calcium.

Anything else you think of let me know.

Thanks

Cathy

Answer
Hello Cathy,

Actually, it depends on what type of worms, but usually worms are easier to digest since they have less shell.  Mealies & superworms have a decent amount of shell, but the hornworms & butterworms are very soft & easy to digest.  
Crickets are a great source of protein & are very lean, too.  
Just maintain a good variety or switch things up from time to time & he will be fine.  
How is his mouth doing now?  I hope he is improving for you.
Send more pictures of Luci when you get a chance, he is so beautiful!

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar