Reptiles/Syringe feeding fluids

I am asking for advice on the best way to syringe feed fluids to my beardie.  She is atadenovirus positive and is looking a little dehydrated.  I bathe her daily for about 10-15 minutes but I don't know if that is enough for her.  Should I try to add Pedialyte to her bath water?  Am I better to give oral fluids?  I am afraid with the oral fluids of her aspirating it into her lungs.  I am currently syringe feeding foods to her, but the foods are thicker and easier to control how much and where the food winds up in her mouth. Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Shannon, so sorry about your beardie.  With fluids in a syringe, just go very very slowly. She should lick at it when she realizes its more liquid. You can even try adding a bit more water to some of the  foods you are syringing to her to get more water into her. Yes, you can add the pedialyte to the water but unless she is drinking it, it really isn't going to do much more than plain water in the bath. It may encourage her to drink it though, which is a good thing.  Try offering some watermelon or some juice(no sugar or sugar sub added).   If she likes the baths, you can soak her longer if you have the time. Be sure to mist her during the day also.  

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas, leopard geckos and bearded dragons. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the above species. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions. I research other reptiles and am able to give general information on other species of lizards. I prefer not to answer snake questions as that I have not researched them enough.

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I own two leopard geckos, both rescues. I've had my reptiles for 11 years. I spend many hours researching the care of my reptiles to keep up to date on all information pertaining to keeping reptiles that I have. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a Vet Tech for 6 years. Research, experience and learning from the experience of others that have raised reptiles for many years.