Reptiles/Bearded Dragon

Question
I believe my bearded dragon has a prolapsed rectum and was wondering what I could do for him before I take him to the vet since I live in an area where lizard vets are very few if any.

Answer
Hello Brad,
Do you have any pictures of the prolapse, how bad is it?
How long has it been prolapsed?

Go ahead & add 1-2 tablespoons to a small amount of warm water, then once it is dissolved add some cool water & soak him in it.  The sugar can help reduce some of the swelling in that area.
Then you can get some ky jelly or vaseline to keep the area moist.    
If you have any loose substrate, remove that so no dirt will get on the area to irritate it.
Can you review your tank set up too?
Do you have a good UVB light & if so, what type & brand is it?  How old is he & how often do you give calcium for him?

Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar