Is 10 crickets twice a day enough for a 3 month old bearded dragon?  The space between his eyes is one half inch and  the crickets are 3/8 inch.

Hello Rachel,

Normally a growing dragon at that age should have at least 40-50 per day for protein intake.  They grow rapidly at that age & wont need that much protein when the are older than a year or so.
Does he eat greens & veggies also?

The size fine as long as it is smaller than the space between the eyes to avoid impaction issues.
Are you using a UVB light also for him?

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.