Should an adult bearded dragon have greens twice daily and crickets twice a week, with calcium dusted on the crickets twice a week? Also vitamins once a week? Well, what I mean is, what is their diet?

Here are a few good care sheets, which I've checked for accurate information:

One of the best beardie food charts online:

Adult bearded dragons should have greens daily (You can offer them twice a day if you want, so they're fresh each time), and insects twice a week.  Dust insects with calcium containing vitamin D3.  If you need to supplement vitamins at all, you could lightly dust their greens once a week.  Use a nutritious gutload formula for feeder insects.  Remember that, when feeding insects, feed as many as the dragon wants to eat in a single sitting, and remove leftovers after 15 minutes.  Don't count out or restrict the number of insects they eat.

Donna Fernstrom

My particular focus is on snakes and lizards, but I have a decent smattering of knowledge of turtles and crocodilians as well, plus the experience to get relevant information quickly if I don't have it on hand in my brain. I can answer questions on captive care, diet, breeding, incubation of eggs, starting hatchlings, and more. I am particularly experienced with ball pythons, Lygodactylus geckos and other small lizards with similar care requirements, leopard geckos, and garter snakes.

I am a professional breeder of ball python morphs, Lygodactylus (dwarf) geckos, and mourning geckos. I have begun working with Irian Jaya carpet pythons, and plan to expand to include more gecko species in the future. I also have a background breeding leopard geckos, and have kept several other species of small lizards, snakes, and a water turtle.

Nebraska Herpetological Society (

I have many care sheets published on my own website.

High School Graduate. Extensively self-taught due to high interest in wildlife and reptile care.

Fauna Classifieds board of inquiry Good Guy Certification