Reptiles/bearded dragon

hi my bearded dragon has been bit by another and has a chunk of skin out of his back,can you give my some advice on cleaning it please as its not stopping bleeding

Hello Teresa,

I am sorry to hear your dragon has been bitten.
Have you removed him out of harm's way now to be housed by himself?
How old is he?

You can get some gauge, as well as some antibiotic ointment such as polysporin, neosporin, etc to gently pack into the wound to help stop the bleeding.  Then wrap the gauge over the area as best you can to help stop bleeding.  How BAD is this?
Do you have any pictures to upload?
How is your dragon doing?

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.