Hi There, I have 2 bearded dragons one at over 1 year old and a baby at 2-3 months old

the one year old I have been told its a male by one person and a female by another person I've had him/her a year and not once have I seen it bob his/her head but I have seen the beardie wave both arms? do males wave?

also about the baby 2-3 months old has waved his/her arms do I have to females ?

Thankyou for your time

Kind Regards

Probably on the adult, to soon to tell on the baby-but I'd lean that way.  No way either is for sure a female.  With the adult you should be able to see twin buldges on the underside of the tail if it's a male.  Also, you might glimpse the hemipenes when he vacates (poops/pees).  You'll know for sure it's a female when it lays eggs!  Sorry-old reptile joke.  Find a local BREEDER not a shop, but an actual breeder and have them show you how to check.

My area of expertise would be snakes and reptile genetics (again mostly w/ snakes). Although I have dealt w/ almost all species of reptiles commonly sold in the US.

15 years keeping, breeding, selling, and teaching about reptiles.

Past board member of the Central FL Herpetological Society

B.S. Biology Ed. UCF