Reptiles/My star tortoise pooping red

Hi, i have brought 2 baby star tortoise, one of them is pooping red nowadays and also not eating much
I think she is female.
I have researched on net but got no clue regarding this
Please if you could help

Step one when you have a juvenile reptile that isn't eating properly, and seems ill, is to take it to an experienced reptile vet.  Especially with an endangered species like the star tortoise!  Please provide your animal with medical care before it is too late.  Baby tortoises can decline very rapidly.

No one can diagnose an illness over the internet, nor should anyone attempt to do so.  There are many different potential causes for what you are describing, but all of them require vet care.

Donna Fernstrom

My particular focus is on snakes and lizards, but I have a decent smattering of knowledge of turtles and crocodilians as well, plus the experience to get relevant information quickly if I don't have it on hand in my brain. I can answer questions on captive care, diet, breeding, incubation of eggs, starting hatchlings, and more. I am particularly experienced with ball pythons, Lygodactylus geckos and other small lizards with similar care requirements, leopard geckos, and garter snakes.

I am a professional breeder of ball python morphs, Lygodactylus (dwarf) geckos, and mourning geckos. I have begun working with Irian Jaya carpet pythons, and plan to expand to include more gecko species in the future. I also have a background breeding leopard geckos, and have kept several other species of small lizards, snakes, and a water turtle.

Nebraska Herpetological Society (

I have many care sheets published on my own website.

High School Graduate. Extensively self-taught due to high interest in wildlife and reptile care.

Fauna Classifieds board of inquiry Good Guy Certification