Reptiles/Bearded Dragon Eggs.

I purchased a pair of bearded dragons a few months ago, and tonight while we were eating dinner she laid eggs.   They are round and full in shape, not white.  Im wondering if they would be considered fertile or not, Ive read on most sites that infertile eggs are yellow and dented.    These are yellow but with like a white chalky covering almost on them, one or two have small dents in them, but I think I caused that from moving them, she really had them buried deep.

Should I attempt to incubate these or are they not  fertile.

Hi Amber,

Your description alone told me that the eggs were not fertile and the photos confirmed it. Thank you for including those.

That is quite typical of how infertile reptile eggs look, with translucent yellow areas and only thin, spotty areas of white. They are also often smaller and somewhat mis-shapen

Fertile eggs will have a consistent, thicker looking leathery cover and be consistently oval.

There is a photo here of fertile bearded eggs

Don't get discouraged. Beardeds can lay more then one clutch and it is just the start of the usual egg laying season. Feed your female well with additional calcium to replace what she lost to those eggs and keep your incubator ready.  

I can answer questions on the proper husbandry and diet of Iguanas, bearded dragons, geckoes, skinks, chameleons, tortoises, box turtles, treefrogs, non-venomous snakes and tarantulas. Also the breeding of some species of feeder insects. I have no experience with venonmous snakes and only limited experience with aquatic turtles.

I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for over 30 years. In addition to my regular job in the medical field I also worked for several years in a pet store that specialized only in exotics. The job entailed both caring for and answering questions on innumerable species. It required constant, extensive research into a wide range of reptiles. I have been called to appear on televised national media (CBC, CTV and Life Channel) as well as CBC radio to discuss the proper care of reptiles and other exotics in captivity. I currently own one or more species of those listed under my expertise with the exception of chameleons. I owned chameleons for years but keep none currently. I keep over 20 snakes comprising 5 species, both Colubridae and Boidae. I bred corn snakes for several years. I have a particular interest in treefrogs and currently have 5 different species. I've raised redfoot tortoises for 10 years and have two iguanas, one for 12 years.

A small and now defunct local magazine called "Pet Vue"

Diagnostic medical microbiology with some parasitology experience.