Reptiles/terranium/aquarium

Question
will it be a good idea to house Poison dart frogs(P. Bicolor and D. Auratus), green anoles, tiger legged monkey frogs and glowlight tetras together?

Answer
Hi Nathan,

Community tanks of mixed dart species are commonly kept with good success. You need to make sure they are similar in size which the two species you mentioned are. Strawberry darts, for example, would be too small. Some darts can be territorial. Provide lots of vegetation that will serve as hide spots and visual blocks.

As far as the other species. Personally I would not risk the darts, which can be a bit fragile (and expensive), to possible disease transmission from the anoles. All green anoles in the pet trade are wild caught which means they carry parasites. They may also carry bacteria or viruses that are harmless to them but lethal to your darts. That is always a risk when mixing species that are native to entirely different parts of the world.

The Monkey frogs have entirely different environmental needs from the darts which makes them completely incompatible. Monkey frogs like it hot and dry. When the various species were first being imported they died as a result of being kept at high humidity like typical frogs.

http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=

I don't think there would be any problem with the fish as long as the darts had their own shallow source of water. Keep some aquatic plants in there in case the darts fall in. They are not known for their swimming ability in deeper water.  

Reptiles

Thea