Reptiles/Bearded dragon

I have (I think) an adult bearded dragon named smokey. He was given to us by my husbands cousin. My question is can he have dead crickets. I bought 100 crickets today and they were left in the bag longer than expected, I got home and every one of them was dead. So am I still able to give them to him or can I refridgerate or freeze them?

Hi Cassandra,
I wouldn't feed them to your dragon as the way the crickets dies is not a safe way..they may have formed gasses in their bodies which can harm your dragon.
You can just dispose of the crickets.  
You can purchase the canned insects though.  Many beardies go crazy for the canned grass hoppers.  Although not a replacement for their live insects, the canned are a nice change for them.  
Since your beardie is an adult, 90% of his diet should be his salad of dark, leafy greens so not having his insects for a few days is fine.

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas, leopard geckos and bearded dragons. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the above species. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions. I research other reptiles and am able to give general information on other species of lizards. I prefer not to answer snake questions as that I have not researched them enough.

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I own two leopard geckos, both rescues. I've had my reptiles for 11 years. I spend many hours researching the care of my reptiles to keep up to date on all information pertaining to keeping reptiles that I have. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a Vet Tech for 6 years. Research, experience and learning from the experience of others that have raised reptiles for many years.