Reptiles/Chinese water dragon

Hi my name is Amali. my dad had bought me some meal worms bu i have herd online that sometimes when a water dragon eats meal worms the meal worms can eat them from the inside out. is it true? how long until the water dragon gets to their full size?

Hi Amali,
Iam happy to say that no, they cannot/do not eat the dragon from the inside out.  The digestive juices in the dragon kills the insects (if they were not already dead by the dragon chewing them).
The dragons never really stop growing when they have proper care.  Most of their growth will happen in the first two years, but will grow in bulk for longer(yr or 2).
For good info on keeping a healthy water dragon..  

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas, leopard geckos and bearded dragons. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the above species. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions. I research other reptiles and am able to give general information on other species of lizards. I prefer not to answer snake questions as that I have not researched them enough.

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I own two leopard geckos, both rescues. I've had my reptiles for 11 years. I spend many hours researching the care of my reptiles to keep up to date on all information pertaining to keeping reptiles that I have. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a Vet Tech for 6 years. Research, experience and learning from the experience of others that have raised reptiles for many years.