Reptiles/easter water dragon

Hello My Eastern water dragon (three months old). He has been shedding for the last month, the last couple of days he has been very slow and sluggish, not really eating and today he is dead....

Any ideas on what went wrong? He has a one mtr tank with a UV lamp down one end and a heat lamp down the other end.

every second feed i dusted his crickets with calcium powder.

I empathize with your loss. Losing any pet is hard. Without knowing temps and substrates and the diet it was fed it's hard to assess. However one thing you mentioned was UV on one end that is not appropriate for Water Dragons and I would also makes sure the enclosure is taller as it sounds you had a long enclosure instead of one which was tall. For more information I have included a link to our Water Dragon article

John F Taylor

I can answer most questions about captive the captive care of reptiles,amphibians, and insects.

International and nationally published author of many captive reptile care articles. Former editor of the San Diego Herpetological Society Newsletter. Founder of Southern California Wildlife. Most recently opened the website to answer questions instantly and share free care articles on the captive care of reptile and insect species.

Reptilia, Reptiles Magagazine, TFH Publications Complete Herp Care Series Uromastyx

Over a decade of experience within the reptile industry.