My Turtle..
My Turtle..  
My RES turtle's shell has white spots all over it...i dont think its shell rot.. but the shell is peeling.. she hasnt been in the water much cause she has been in her nesting box, shes pregnant with infertile eggs. I cant figure out whats wrong!!! I dont know how old she is.. but shes not a baby. Her shell is 6 inch. HHHHEEEELLLLPPP!!!

What's her diet like?  Turtles do shed their skin, and shed the scutes on their shells at the same time, so that is normal.  I am not a veterinarian (and no one can diagnose an animal over the internet, of course).  My recommendation is to take her to a vet for a checkup.  (Like all pets, reptiles should have an annual checkup, anyhow).  If it some sort of fungal infection, it can be treated.  What is her diet like?  Dietary deficiencies could cause shell health problems as well.  Are you certain she's gravid?  

Donna Fernstrom

My particular focus is on snakes and lizards, but I have a decent smattering of knowledge of turtles and crocodilians as well, plus the experience to get relevant information quickly if I don't have it on hand in my brain. I can answer questions on captive care, diet, breeding, incubation of eggs, starting hatchlings, and more. I am particularly experienced with ball pythons, Lygodactylus geckos and other small lizards with similar care requirements, leopard geckos, and garter snakes.

I am a professional breeder of ball python morphs, Lygodactylus (dwarf) geckos, and mourning geckos. I have begun working with Irian Jaya carpet pythons, and plan to expand to include more gecko species in the future. I also have a background breeding leopard geckos, and have kept several other species of small lizards, snakes, and a water turtle.

Nebraska Herpetological Society (

I have many care sheets published on my own website.

High School Graduate. Extensively self-taught due to high interest in wildlife and reptile care.

Fauna Classifieds board of inquiry Good Guy Certification